Monday 1 December 2014

That was the week...

...that was.

Wednesday was the highlight of the working week. The Fodens concert was, simply, excellent. What an enjoyable evening. 17 talented local brass playing youngsters performed in the Spotlight Concert - including two of my pupils - before an 11 piece from Fodens took the stage. Their audience-friendly programme included a WW1 memorial spot went down a treat with the knowledgeable crowd.

However, the weekend topped Wednesday. On Saturday one of my pupils took her Grade 4 exam, playing with great style. She came out smiling, and sounded great from in the corridor. Now it's just a case of waiting on her result.

Then on Sunday it was the Lions Slow Melody Contest and I was delighted with the results that my pupils received. One won her solo section, won her group section as part of a quartet (and came second in the same section as a duet), whilst another won her section. Finally, another pupil won the James Gorse Memorial Award for 'Most Promising Player' in the contest. The day ended with a Lions concert, in which my Beginners played superbly.

I say the day ended with a concert...actually, mine ended with a - if I do say so myself - well deserved pint!

No comments:

Post a Comment