Thursday 30 June 2016

'Duff' Update


Work on the 'Duff' has started this afternoon. It's only baby steps, but it's work none the less. The main aim was to remove the moulded grab rails off the front of both cabs in preparation for some proper rails to be fitted.

All in all, it was a pretty simple job; remove the glazing from the inside (to protect it... but then I'm toying with replacing it with Shawplan lazer cut windows anyway) before sanding it gently down with a sanding stick. Five minutes spent on each side and the job was done, as you can see below.


You'll notice I've nicked the black cab window surrounds, but again, I'm very tempted by the etched cab window surrounds to improve the face of the loco. Initially, I was thinking of only doing very minor changes, plus the renumber, but already I'm beginning to think about a few more bits and bobs such as the lazer glaze and cab windows. Watch this space, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment