Monday 19 September 2016

Bits and Bobs...

It's been over a week since my last blog and things have been a bit hectic. So, now I have five minutes I thought I'd put together a 'multi-post' featuring several things I've mentioned in previous blogs.

Football Manager
Since I've been back at work FM has taken a back seat... thankfully! After guiding Telford to the brink of promotion I was offered the Sheffield Wednesday job and helped them stave off relegation. Having signed Ben Garratt from the Alex to fill their void in nets and Nick Powell to provide ammunition to Fernando Forestieri I started the season quite well. However, their chairman's itchy trigger finger meant that after a few defeats I got the sack. After this I decided to head back down to the lower leagues and applied for - and got - the Worcester City job. I only played one game with them before the summer holidays ended and haven't been on it again since. Ah well...

Crewe Alexandra
I blogged about Crewe's impressive start but mentioned that I thought that I had probably jinxed it by talking about it. Since then they've won both games and sit third in the league! Nose-bleed territory!

Derbyshire County Cricket Club
At Derbyshire, things haven't gone so well. They've won something, however it's the wooden spoon. A few of the better players have signed up to new contracts, a few promising youngsters have done so too and, just today, the club announced that Gary Wilson has joined them from Surrey - something of a coup. Yes, he's a keeper/batsman and Harvey Hosein - a cricketer I rate extremely highly - is the same, but surely the thinking is that Wilson can play as a batter when Harvey has the gloves and - if and when - the youngster needs a break, Wilson can don the gauntlets. A good signing and hopefully a good winter of recruitment.

Chetwynd Aston
I'm now on 'Mk II.' I wasn't happy with the cluttered feel to the first version so have ripped up a siding and some of the scenery. We'll see how things progress on this one as and when.

Four quick updates. One blog post. I'm happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment