Thursday 10 November 2016

A blank canvas. Again...

I enjoy modelling.

I really do.

But once again I have a lack of motivation. Or rather, a lack of motivation brought on by a lack of focus of what I want. Do I want a shunting layout? Do I want an SLT (single line terminus)? I get part way through a project and decide that I don't want what I'm making and give up. Chetwynd Aston has gone to that great layout in the sky and once again I'm layout-less. And clueless.

When I was back at my folk's home recently I discovered a Tim Horn scenic board (40 x 25cm) that I'd forgotten I owned. This was snapped up and brought back home with me and is currently sat to my left, with my Sentinel on it. A bit like this...


If only I knew what to put on it. I have an idea regarding a tile factory; Jackfield, near where I now live (and near Ironbridge) has a tile museum and I feel that might be a decent idea. A simple fork layout with tile loading facilities perhaps?

However, an Arriva SLT set in the same area (around Ironbridge) also appeals. Not that I have the 153!

All ideas and thoughts welcome.

In other news, I've finally got around to fitting the plated to my 'de-Wabteced' Sentinel. It's now got the number 1877 (which the cruel close up shows to be wonky... needs re-fettling) and the name 'Alexandra.'


A little loco like that would do just the job for a tile works... wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment