Sunday 15 January 2017

Railways of Telford


At Christmas I received the quite excellent book 'Railways of Telford' from my future in-laws. It was a book I'd looked at several times and, having moved Telford way, is an area of the railways I've become very interested in, meaning it was a very much well-received present. Included within it's pages is a chapter on the Lilleshall Company. This is of huge interest to me, as it is very much the area that I'm looking at basing my layout on.

The back cover of the book states that the author, David Clarke, is building a model of Trench Sidings and then, by chance, I discovered a thread on the Lilleshall Company and Mr Clarke's own blog to do with his layout build on RMweb.

After some initial conversations we swapped email addresses and since then Mr Clarke has - very kindly - sent me lots of pictures of the Lilleshall system and it's locos alongside more information about it.

One picture - included below - has solved a problem I was facing. Having weather the Cory Brothers wagon, I was wondering how on earth I could include a South Wales wagon on a Shropshire-based layout. Well, look at the wagon poking out from behind Lilleshall No. 4 (on the left).


Inspiration truly is everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment