Friday 25 July 2014

Compostion Complete!

You'll recall one of my challenges this summer is to write a piece of music every week. The plan was that I would start that next week, however, whilst looking at the picture below, I started getting an idea.

 
 
The above picture was taken in Ibiza, by myself, back in 2011. That said, in three weeks time I shall be in Menorca with my other half. The idea of a piece revolving around a Menorcan Sunset started to take shape and before you know it, there is a piece written. It needs a few little details added here and there but, on the whole, it is done.
 
A Menorcan Sunset will be published by my own label, Chris Thompson Music, and is a cornet solo with beginner brass ensemble accompaniment.
 
I love it when I get on a role!


No comments:

Post a Comment