Monday 22 September 2014

Doctor Who?

As an avid 'Whovian' I have to admit to being a bit concerned when news of Matt Smith's departure broke. Off the initial people on the bookies list of replacements my own personal choice was Ben Whishaw (the new tech buy in the Bond films), so when I heard it was Peter Capaldi, I have to say I wasn't sure at all.

Now the series is five episodes in and I must say he's excellent. Darker, with lighter moments, but excellent. Personally, I thought 'Listen' was the best episode so far, the idea of perfect hiding being so simple, but a stroke of genius. Other episodes have been less impressive in terms of story line, but overall I've enjoyed the series.

One nice thing though is that, with Clara being so much younger, it's nice to not have a romantic will they/won't they connection between the Doctor and his companion.

Bravo Mr Capaldi - it's all good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment