Sunday 21 September 2014

Nostalgia

Today, thanks to the wonders of Amazon Prime, I took delivery of a book I had purchased. Murray Walker's 1987 Grand Prix Year.

Recently, I've developed an interest in the early 80's and 90's that shows no sign of abating. These were my formative years (born in '84) and I've found myself increasingly interested in the goings on then. I want to know more about the football during the 80's - hardly surprising as my other team, Everton, had it 'going on' back then - the railways (ok, I've 'outed' myself here, I'm a rail fan, not a spotter, but a fan... more of which in a future post I'm sure) and the world of F1.

With that in mind, the addition of the first edition of this book (I previously had from '89 onwards), was a no brainer. Particularly at £1.89 including postage!

First thoughts; the cars look so heavy I think my Seat Ibiza would beat them in a race! However, I'm looking forward to reading through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment